Pages

  • RSS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Marsha Hoffman Rising 1945-2010

I was saddened to learn of the recent (Feb 17th) passing of Marsha Hoffman Rising. Marsha was a gifted and accomplished genealogist. She turned her love of the hunt into a career. Her expertise helped thousands of aspiring family historians. Marsha believed in the importance of weaving the rich and colorful fabric of our ancestors' lives, rather than simply creating charts filled with names.

Her book, The Family Tree Problem Solver; Proven Methods for Scaling the Inevitable Brickwall, had become such a well-worn friend in my collection that just three weeks ago I replaced it with a shiny new copy.

I offer my heartfelt condolences to Marsha's family. And I hope that she is now socializing with some of those ancestors she worked so hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment