Pages

  • RSS

Friday, September 16, 2011

FGS 2011 - The Where

FGS 2011 was held in Springfield Illinois. Despite the glazed-eye responses I received when I told my non-genealogist friends where I was going, it was a beautiful city. I hadn't been there in decades and it was nice to visit again.


Husband and I met a tourist in the courtyard who said everyone from Illinois has a special affection for Abraham Lincoln. I'm not sure about everyone, but I know I have always admired his accomplishments.

FGS 2012 will be held in Birmingham Alabama. I've never been to Alabama, so I requested a vacation guide. I want to see the must-sees in the city.

The Greater Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau had a booth in the FGS 2011 vendor area. The woman I spoke with there couldn't have been nicer. She shared a few of the things Birmingham has planned for the Federation of Genealogical Society's visit next year. Talk about southern hospitality!

It's not too early to start planning. Mark your calendar, add the FGS blog to your Favorites, and pick up some sunscreen.

FGS 2012 promises to be even better than FGS 2011 (I have it on good authority!), so I hope you'll join us in Sweet Home Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment