Pages

  • RSS

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Child Lost ~ Katherine Casey

From the November 13, 1880 edition of the Chicago Daily News; "CASEY-Nov. 11, 1880, of diptheria, KITTIE, youngest daughter of Capt. Cornelius and Mary Casey. Funeral from residence, 2906 ?cliff av, at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 14, by carriages to Calvary Cemetery. Friends of the family are invited."

Katie's date and cause of death and the legible part of the family's home address led me to her death certificate:


Katie was only 2-1/2 years old. With that information I located this:


Katie's parents are Cornelius and Mary Casey. Her father is a fireman. This is the first time I have seen the entire dates of birth for both parents on a 19th century Chicago birth certificate. Katie is Mary Casey's fifth child. When she was born the family lived on 35th Street. Here they are in the 1880 census, shortly before Katie arrived:




With the information above, I updated Katie's page on Find A Grave.

Note: I have no connection to this child. As I said in A Child Lost ~ Introduction, my goal is to reunite children with their parents.  If you are a Casey descendant, I hope you'll give Katie a special place in your family tree.

My own genealogy work-in-progress is online at Living in the Past Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment